By Hindustan TimesAnand Kumar’s Zila Ghaziabad will see Vivek Oberoi mouth the local Ghaziabadi dialect with aplomb. The actor who essays the character of teacher-turned-gangster, Satbir Gujar, says, “I’ve been perfecting the ‘lehja’ (language) for over a month with the film’s writer, Vinay Sharma.”Vivek adds, “I play Uttar Pradesh’s most educated gangster, who was also known as Masterji. So my character switches with ease from speaking in English, to clean Hindi and then Ghaziabadi lehja.” However, he denies that the dialogues will be profane, unlike the case with most films that switch to local dialects, saying, “There is enough colour in the language. The slang makes it interesting. The dialogues don’t need to be spiced up.”The actor claims that the character, Satbir is not a ‘commercial gangster’: “He was more of a hero than a baddie. From being a guy who ran a free primary school to educate kids in his village to change the future of his zila (village), he was pushed to a point that he decided to pick up a gun and clean up the mess himself.”He reveals that Satbir is an icon among the nine crore Gujars living in six states of India even today. “Satbir was educated, righteous in his actions but he didn’t do anything for personal gain or money. He was a do-gooder of sorts,” he says.Vivek’s co-star Sanjay Dutt essays the character of Thakur Pritam Singh, a zamindar-turned-cop who was famous as the badshah of Bulandshah, while Arshad Warsi’s role is modeled around the real-life outlaw, Mahender Fauji. The duo has already started shooting for the film in Wai, but Vivek will only join the cast this week.He says, “I took a delayed honeymoon break with Priyanka as I have been shooting back to back after we got married. My friends say that they like her better than me. I like her better than me. She is my lady luck. I feel a sense of emotional security and stability after she came to my life. I am taken with how everyone is crazy about her and how she has won their hearts so effortlessly.”





vivekoberoi2.jpg


By Hindustan Times


Anand Kumar’s Zila Ghaziabad will see Vivek Oberoi mouth the local Ghaziabadi dialect with aplomb. The actor who essays the character of teacher-turned-gangster, Satbir Gujar, says, “I’ve been perfecting the ‘lehja’ (language) for over a month with the film’s writer, Vinay Sharma.”


Vivek adds, “I play Uttar Pradesh’s most educated gangster, who was also known as Masterji. So my character switches with ease from speaking in English, to clean Hindi and then Ghaziabadi lehja.” However, he denies that the dialogues will be profane, unlike the case with most films that switch to local dialects, saying, “There is enough colour in the language. The slang makes it interesting. The dialogues don’t need to be spiced up.”


The actor claims that the character, Satbir is not a ‘commercial gangster’: “He was more of a hero than a baddie. From being a guy who ran a free primary school to educate kids in his village to change the future of his zila (village), he was pushed to a point that he decided to pick up a gun and clean up the mess himself.”


He reveals that Satbir is an icon among the nine crore Gujars living in six states of India even today. “Satbir was educated, righteous in his actions but he didn’t do anything for personal gain or money. He was a do-gooder of sorts,” he says.


Vivek’s co-star Sanjay Dutt essays the character of Thakur Pritam Singh, a zamindar-turned-cop who was famous as the badshah of Bulandshah, while Arshad Warsi’s role is modeled around the real-life outlaw, Mahender Fauji. The duo has already started shooting for the film in Wai, but Vivek will only join the cast this week.


He says, “I took a delayed honeymoon break with Priyanka as I have been shooting back to back after we got married. My friends say that they like her better than me. I like her better than me. She is my lady luck. I feel a sense of emotional security and stability after she came to my life. I am taken with how everyone is crazy about her and how she has won their hearts so effortlessly.”

No comments:

Post a Comment